Middle-Class Scholarships (MCS) 2022 – A very big number of brilliant minds never make it to college due to financial difficulties but through the Middle-Class scholarship program, Never give up
The desire to advance and re-engineer society through innovation and scientific development lies at the hand of many young minds and this is the initiative that gave the scholarship a meaning.
The Middle-class scholarships are for undergraduates to study at the University of California.
More About the Middle-Class Scholarship
The Middle-Class scholarship was an initiative of the government that was signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown.
The 1st day of July 2013 marks the historic signing which sought to make higher education affordable.
This scholarship is focused on helping families of undergraduate students with incomes of $150,000 to attend a University of California or California State University Campus.
The scholarship programs are viable under all the courses run by the institutions in their different campuses.
The Middle-class scholarship can last for up to four years which is regarded as the maximum period of study.
All interested Applicants of the Middle-class scholarship must meet certain requirements. they are as follows
- Be a California resident attending a UC or CSU;
Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have AB 540* student status;
- Meet certain income/asset and other financial aid standards;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; must not be incarcerated
All AB 540* students are subject to the following qualifications;
- Attend a California high school for a minimum of 3 years or attain credits equivalent to 3 or more years of high school coursework and have a combination of 3 or more years at a California elementary or secondary school as set forth in AB 2000.
- Graduate from a California high school or pass the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Enroll in an accredited and qualified California college or university.
- If applicable, fill out an affidavit stating your intent to legalize your immigration status as soon as possible.
There is no fixed amount that you’re meant to receive as a benefactor of the Middle-class scholarship.
The reason is that the amount may vary by student and institution and will be determined after you’re awarded any other grants for which you’re eligible.
Students whose families have income and assets up to $177,000 per year may be eligible for a scholarship of no less than 10% and no more than 40% of the mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at the University of California and California State University.
The application process for the Middle-Class scholarship is a very simple process. To apply for the scholarship, you need to;
- Complete a free application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] online or the California Dream Act Application [CADAA].
- File a certified Grade Point Average [G.P.A] with the institution not later than March 2nd.
- Establish your www.webgrants4students.org account to help keep watch of your state financial aid.
- You need to ensure that you have a Social Security number [SSN] or Deterred Action for Childhood Number [DACA] in order to apply through the CADAA platform.
- In addition, make sure your email address is listed on either FAFSA or CADAA.
- Immediately you gain acceptance into UC or CSU, you will be automatically considered for the MCS scholarship.
- You can gain assistance in completing the FAFSA or CADAA, you can attend a college workshop which will kick off on October 1.
- Notifications will be sent to successful applicants in the month of August.
This scholarship is a government scholarship and is highly dependent on funding so the deadlines vary consistently.
However, it is safe to adopt March 2nd as the current deadline due to the scholarship calendar program. However, is close for now, but we will update you when it starts.
For more information on the scholarship using the application link below.
Meanwhile, if you’ve any questions relating to Middle-Class Scholarships (MCS) 2022 – Study Free in Finland, please do let me know via the comment section.